Happy Friday loves!
Glowing from the inside out is our mantra here at OMG Detox, so we've put together a post focused on helping YOU get glowing from the inside out by managing your stress and boosting your productivity!
Let's face it, we live in a hectic world where everyone needs something done NOW. Stress levels are at an all-time high, time seems to magically just disappear, and there are simply NOT enough hours in the day to accomplish what we need to get done.
Whew. I'm exhausted just typing that!
So here are some healthy tips aimed at helping you manage your stress level while boosting your productivity :)
1. Invest in a really good planner (and use it!)
Nothing hurts productivity quite like not knowing which project to tackle first, so organization is KEY in combatting overwhelming amounts of tasks. You'll want to jot down all of your tasks and organize by importance level and time sensitivity to make the most out of it. We suggest finding one with space to write down thoughts, takeaways, goals, etc.. That way they are easily referenced. We've found the hardest part about starting a planner is sticking to it, so we suggest having a sort of accountability partner to help you stay on track PLUS, finding a planner designed in a user-friendly way for YOU and how YOU work.
2. Get into a routine (and stick to it!)
Starting off your day with a routine helps to keep you on track to reach your goals. It basically is your secret to a successful day. Here's a few ideas:
- Don't pick up your phone 1st thing in the morning! Use that time to actually wake up and prepare yourself for the day- even if it's just 5 minutes of stretching or yoga
- Start and stick to a skin care routine - stress and exhaustion can have bad effects to you skin, so by starting a routine or regimen, you'll be sure to be proactive about nourishing your skin--PLUS, it feels super nice to have a clean, fresh face to start the day :)
- Add in a nutritious breakfast so you can fuel your body for the rest of the day. We suggest adding 2 tablespoons of Oh My Glow to a super-food smoothie filled with greens and protein to start your day strong and focused.
Once the morning routine is completed, you can move along with your to-do list in your planner :)
3. Take care of your body
Stress from having too much work to do can really take a toll on the body's health (inside and out!) Not only can it leave you with acne blemishes, dullness, and heavy under-eye bags, it can also play a key role in how your immune system functions. Making sure you are putting the right foods and nutrients into your body (even when super busy) helps your body to help YOU fight and tackle stress.
4. Take some time off! (Really)
We all need time to "step away" from whatever project or work we are putting so much time into. Honestly, your focus cannot remain at 100% all day long on one project. Studies show that the brain (a muscle) actually gets tired from continued stress! Taking a break every 50 minutes or so will help you to re-focus on the task at hand and help ensure your hours spent on your work are the most productive!
And for added stress relief: IT'S FRIDAY! Woohoo!
xx Oh My Glow Team