Today we're talking why we are absolutely LOVING coconut oil! Unless you've been completely living under a rock as of late, chances are, you've heard about the many ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your daily routine, and trust us, there are MANY.
Here are some of our faves!
1. Use as a healthy substitute for butter, margarine, and other cooking oils. This is perhaps the most practical way to incorporate coconut oil into your lifestyle because it is incredibly simple and easy to do. Coconut oil is a GREAT substitute for those with food allergies. Need to cut out dairy? - Use this in place of butter. Need to cut out soy? (Found in margarine spreads and aerosol non-stick sprays) - Use coconut oil! We've found that using it in place of these foods does not sacrifice taste and is much better for us on the inside :)
2. Use as a topical skin treatment. From lotion to fighting skin infections, coconut oil helps with just about everything skin-related. It is an excellent moisturizer (a little goes a long way!) and is effective in aiding skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and even yeast-based infections. *Add to a mix of honey and cinnamon for an amazing face mask*
3. Use as a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. Add into wet hair, throw on a shower cap, let sit for desired time, rinse out, and woohoo! Moisturized locks!
4. Use as a moisturizing sugar scrub. Ok- so this one's not ALL coconut oil. But, mix equal parts sugar and coconut oil and use while showering to exfoliate and moisturize all in one! *Add in an essential oil of your favorite scent to boost the awesome-ness of this*
5. Add it into your diet to help curb your appetite and aid in fat burning. This goes hand-in-hand with the food substitutes we mentioned in #1, but further than that, coconut oil has been known to help burn fat faster since it contains fatty acids that pack a powerful punch on your metabolism. In addition, these fatty acids found in the oil help keep you feeling "full" longer than other foods.
So go on and give it a try! With all of the benefits we mentioned, plus MANY more out there, what have you got to lose?
Have a fabulous week loves!
xo, Oh My Glow team