It's that time of the week again, loves!
Time to re-group, re-focus, and get excited about what's to come throughout the rest of our week!
BUT... It can be hard to keep up motivation and positivity throughout the week.
The work week is long, the days seem to NEVER end, the work piles on, there are errands to run, and just when you thought you had the weekend to relax, BAM! You get invited out, (which is really fun, and SHOULD be exciting, but not when you're exhausted).
So today, we've come up with a few suggestions on how to fight the mid-week slump and put some excitement, positivity, and motivation back into your work week!
1. Find something to inspire and motivate you throughout the week (something to look forward to!) For example, an event at then end of the week you are excited to attend! If you've written down your goals for the week and already have a great head start, CELEBRATE! That in itself is something to be excited about!
2. Remember your WHY. (You know that vision board we talked about last week?) Time to have it completed and displayed for daily inspiration and motivation! This is what DRIVES you. These are the things you are working so hard for. Those "why's" in themselves should help push you forward :)
3. You are the sum of the 5 people you surround yourself with. No, seriously. You are. Got unmotivated, unhappy, pessimistic friends or co-workers? Time to switch up your frequent contacts list and jump cubicles! I know it sounds harsh, but if you want to keep up your positivity and motivation throughout the week, you've got to help yourself by associating with other people with similar mindsets! Think, "you are what you eat..." OF COURSE you'll still love your friends and family, but we promise, spending more quality time with positive and optimistic people will unconsciously boost your mood and outlook on life :)
4. Get a GOOD workout in! Nothing relieves stress quite like working out! It is scientifically proven to be more effective in treating depression than some medicines! Jumping on the fitness bandwagon will most certainly boost your mood, (health), and mindset :)
5. Remember to RELAX :) It is SO important to relax and recharge, even mid-week if you are feeling a bit overwhelmed and exhausted from the day's work. Take a night off! See a movie, go on an early (or late) date night, go to bed when YOU want to, whatever floats your boat! We are big advocates of listening to your body and gut (it usually steers us right) :)
Have a GREAT week!
We'd love to hear from you! Use #omgdetox to share how YOU are fighting the mid-week slump :)
xo, OMG Detox Team