The leaves are changing colour on the trees and the dark nights are creeping in. What does this mean? GIRLS NIGHT IN! Woohoo!
We have the most perfect, vegan friendly, cupcake recipe with a chia jam centre. The girls will go mad for it.
Disclosure: This may make people want to come to your house more often!!
- Your best friends.
- A camera.
- Your favourite old school tunes.
- An open mind
Now, let’s get our Mary Berry on…
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 330ml almond milk
- 250g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120ml melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line two muffin tins with 18 paper cases.
Pour the apple cider vinegar into a measuring jug. Fill with almond milk to make 350ml. Let stand until curdled, should take about about 5 minutes. Perfect time for a little dance party!
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk mixture, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Before you all start tasting the mix or fighting over who is licking the spoon!!! Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the tin set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Now you can start making the Chia Jam!
Chia Jam Recipe:
- 2 cups chopped fruit - You can use strawberries, cherries, raspberries. Whatever is in season.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave, maple syrup, or sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus more if needed
- 4 teaspoons of our OMG Beauty Blend.
Prepare the fruit as needed. Do not let the fruit fiend do this job, you won’t have any left! Remove stems, pits, seeds, and skin, as needed. Chop large fruits into small pieces. Berries can be left whole.
Cook the fruit until it starts to break down. Transfer the fruit to a saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook until the fruit breaks down and becomes syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Mash the fruit with the back of a spatula or a potato masher, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like. We know you are all dying to taste it, but be careful as this mixture will be crazy hot!!!
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice: Off the heat, stir in 1 tablespoon of the honey and lemon juice. Taste and add more honey or lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in the chia seeds and the Beauty Blend.
- Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened: This won't quite reach the firm consistency of regular jam, but it will noticeably thicken. If you'd like a thicker consistency, especially with very juicy fruits, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time.
Once the mixture has cooled, drizzle the jam over the cooled cupcakes or poke holes and laugh at each other trying to fill the centre of the cakes without exploding them!
Transfer to a jar or other storage container: Once the jam has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to a jar or other storage container. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks. The jam will thicken further and become more set once completely chilled. The jam can also be frozen for up to 3 months; thaw in the fridge before using.
Get tagging @omgdetox on instagram and facebook, we want to see your creations and you using our Beauty Blend! We may even feature some of the best ones!
Have fun girls!